CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 5, 2010

Weight Watchers - Day 1 and Lunch with a Great Friend!

It has begun!!!  The big WW is swimming around in my head, stomach, legs, arms...YES, I've started Weight Watchers.  I did it not to lose tons of weight (I need to lose some) but to make this a lifestyle change.  My late 30's has not been very nice to me...not to mention no thyroid!  YIKES!

Last night was my first meeting and I learned quite a bit.  I had never truly known how Weight Watchers worked.  Very eye opening.  Today has been like a game for me.  Stay under my points, how can I get all of my points in a day and still stay satisfied.  Just like a puzzle!  I've done pretty well so far.  I have 21 pts a day I can eat and I've eaten only 9 of them.  I have 12 that I can have tonight.  Pretty good for my first day.

There was one little "snag" today!  I didn't know if I would be able to do it, but I made it work!!  A Bible College friend was in town and wanted to have lunch with me and another blog friend of mine - well, ours.  I mentioned this in my blog yesterday.  Well, we all decided Olive Garden - OH NO!!!!!  The pasta was calling my name...but I stayed calm and did the soup and salad thing.  Not too shabby!!  We had soooo much fun!!! It was great to catch up with Lori and Loren!


Here's a few pics from the day!

Mister Indigo - Can you say ADORABLE????  Oh my this little guy is soooo cute!


Miss Greley - What a beautifully poised young lady this is!  So talented and sweet!!


Even Honey got in on the action!!  Love this lady!!  AND LORI TOO!!


The BLOG Crew that enjoyed a lunch today...
Loren (themagoosnews), Lori (girlymuse) and me (catchingupwiththeconners)

Oh what fun it is to catch up on old times!!  Lori, you're still such a jewel!  Best of luck in your new adventures for 2010!!!  Loren, a friend that I live by and don't get to see enough of!!  Peace in the year 2010! 

What a start to a great new year!  **Running around giddy with excitement**

3 comments:

Loren said...

what a wonderful time we had! Soooo happy to have met Lori and Honey and the precious Greyley and Indigo :) They are adorable! One day we will have to do this again only have WAYYYYYYY MORE TIME!

Love ya

Girly Muse said...

What a great time we had...I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to see you and Loren. I wanted to chat there all day. :)

Hope it's not so long before we see each other again. That just cannot happen.

Love you!

Barbie2365 said...

Congratulations on starting the journey. I am following the Lose It plan, which is an app on my iPhone. I have done WW before and it works well. Good luck. It was so nice to see my bloggie friend Loren in your photo!