CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 29, 2010

Golden Creamy Potato Soup

With the snow/ice storm still going in full force, my baking/cooking mode has kicked into full gear!!  Soooo, I thought I would share a recipe that I have made for probably 10 years.  It's so good.  Who doesn't enjoy a good bowl of soup when it's cold outside.


Golden Creamy Potato Soup

3 c. chopped potatoes
1 c. water
1/2 c. celery chopped
1/2 c. carrot slice
1/4 c. onion chopped
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp. salt
dash pepper
1 1/2 c. milk
2 T. flour
1/2 lb. velveeta, cubed

In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water, celery, carrots, onion, parsley flakes, bouillon cube and seasonings; mix well.  Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.  Gradually add milk to flour; mixing until well blended.  Add milk mixture to vegetables; cook until thickened.  Add velveeta; stir until melted.  Makes 6-8 servings.

**The mixture will get thick very fast and I usually wind up adding some milk or water to the soup mixture before putting in the velveeta.

This soup is so divine!!  Such a good thick potato soup.  It really sticks to your ribs!! I always tend to tweak my soups with different spices.  It's just kind of trial and error to me.  ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Loren said...

Oh my this looks YUMMY!!!! Thanks for this recipe!!!

just scrolled through your posts....LOVE your Slanket!! LOL