CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 27, 2010

Oh, That Lurking Storm of 2010!!



As I've heard and seen all of the hustle and bustle over the past couple of days about the "ice storm" that's coming in tomorrow, I couldn't help but think about our ice storm we had a couple of yrs. ago.  We were without power for 10 days!!  Yes, you heard me!!  10 days!!  I was MISERABLE!!  The kids had gone to their dads house and got stuck there because I was NOT going to get out and drive an hour away to get them.  I spent most of my days at my neighbor's house because they had a generator.  I call her Momma Linda because she's like a mother to me!  When we moved here to Oklahoma in 1986, my mother and Linda became super close friends.  Ever since then we have had a family friend in her and her family.  It's a very close bond and I love every minute of it!!  I was on the phone with her yesterdy asking if she was ready for us.  She started laughing and proceeded to let me know the generator is out and ready!!  YAY!!  No worries this time!

I have already spoke to our bus drive about my plans tomorrow and her plans tomorrow.  Wood is on the back porch ready to be thrown into the fireplace.  Fridge is stocked and so is the pantry.  I believe we are ready to brave whatever comes our way!!  I can't help but have a tiny thought in the back of my head about it not doing very much.  Every indication is there that it's going to be bad.  I guess we will see!  Enjoy today because if tomorrow plays out as predicted...we're in for a doosie!!

5 comments:

Girly Muse said...

Wow, well, it sure sounds like you are PREPARED. I hope it will only do enough for you to have a chance to be all cozy by the fire for a couple hours on Friday night...so all your work isn't in vain. :)

Sheila said...

YEA! I've located you!! I'm a follower now! :)

Sheila said...

I found you too! I'm a follower now! :)

Sheila said...

Hey you! Glad you found me!

Loren said...

This time we are alll sooooo prepared....now watch it not be so bad this time! LOL who knows ???

I am suppose to fly out on fRiday but I'm thinking that won't be happening dangit!!

Stay warm, stay safe and by all means keep bloggin!!! Get good use for that generator ;)