CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 8, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

This past weekend was so peaceful and laid back.  The weather was FABULOUS!!!  I forgot how wonderful it was to be outside with the sun shining. 

I must take a moment to brag really quickly.  I have never had a "star" in any type of sport in our home.  Looks like that might be changing a little though.  My daughter (12 yrs old) started running track this year.  Her coach can't say enough about her.  It makes me soooo excited to know that my child is good at something!!  Her first real track meet is tomorrow and she's a little nervous but excited at the same time.  The coach told me on Saturday that she feels it is highly possible for Hannah to make all-state track by the time she's a freshman.  WOW!  Sooo exciting.  Anyway, I'll have to follow up later this week and tell you how that went.

Saturday was spent at a "mock" track meet.  Hannah spent about three hours with the coach and the team getting prepared for the track meet this week.  The hubster and I just kind of relaxed all morning.  I did a little laundry, drove Hannah to track practice and Jeff and I went to Wal-Mart for a few items.  All in all an easy day.

Friday night we had the family over for Taco Night.  It was soooo yummy!!  It was nice to have everyone around and enjoy the fellowship.  Jeff's two boys and their families and his mother came.  We had a total of eleven including kids.  We missed my husband's sister and her husband.  Things just went wrong with their schedule.  We had so much fun eating and playing a new game called "A Game of Things".  It was soooo much fun!  I highly recommend anyone to purchase this game to have in your game closet. 

Sunday was church day and lunch and another sunshiney day.  I got out in the yard and cut back my monkey grass.  It was so nice to be outside!!  I made my kids get out and play, too.  They wanted to coop up in their rooms and watch a movie...typical!

This week is full of lots of fun things!  Tomorrow night is my monthly Bunco, Wednesday is church, Thursday is open for WHATEVER!!!! and Friday I am leaving for a two night scrapbooking weekend on Beaver lake!!  SOOOOOO EXCITED!  What did your family do over the weekend??

No comments: