CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 13, 2009

Inheritance


"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."   Psalm 16:5-6(ESV)

Does that scripture just go all through you when you read it??  Well, it does me.  I have been doing Beth Moore's new Bible Study, Inheritance, since the first part of September.  All I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!!  Last night was especially enlightening to me.  We always tend to think of inheritance as something we receive when a loved one passes away.  Have you ever stopped to think about what God's inheritance is??  I bet not.  Beth Moore had a lightbulb moment while studying for this Bible Study.  She explained to us that she had read this scripture over and over and over and had never taken that scripture in its full context.  That scripture is Ephesians 1:18:  "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints". 

Did you catch it??  His glorious inheritance IN THE SAINTS.  We are His inheritance!!!!!!  WOAH!  Yes, does that not just blow you away?  Does that not just make it even more imperative in your mind as to how important it is for us to live our Godly lives, take care of ourselves and raise those children God gave to us?  We are raising and responsible for HIS inheritance!!  We are HIS inheritance!!  God's inheritance!!  THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

Truly this has been an enlightening Bible Study.  We have a beautiful inheritance.  God has made ME an heir.  I am a real, live heir of God and co-heir with Jesus Christ.  Because I am a woman, I am technically an heiress.  As an heiress of God, my life is NEVER left to chance.  Those are some of the "confessions of an heiress" from the Beth Moore study.  If you have an opportunity to do this Bible Study....PLEASE DO!!  There is no homework with this study.  I was excited about that and then got to thinking about how I was going to get anything out of it if I didn't have daily work.  Trust me!!  You get soooo much out of this!

Go out and know that you are an heiress today!!

No comments: