CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 12, 2009

Stormy Friday

It's storming today. This would be the perfect day to be in bed - all day! It is so dark outside it looks like it's about 8:00 at night. I kind of love this type of weather. It's something refreshing about the rain. Now, I don't tend to enjoy the tornado warnings that come with a large portion of our storms, but all in all I enjoy the storms. Thinking about storms makes me review the "storms" in my life. Storms brew and brew and we let them fester in our lives. We need to learn to let go sooner and let the refreshing "rain" of God fall in our lives and wash that rain away. Think about how refreshed we are when the "rain" starts and the "storm" ends. It's a breath of fresh air. You feel like you have strength to fight another day. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD! Surely the earth feels the same?? After days of us driving and walking and who knows what else, it's time for the earth to get a refreshing wash and soak in the rain. There was a scripture that spoke to me today. The past couple of weeks have been a trial in my life. Lots going on internally and externally, to me and to my family and on and on. I fell on this scripture this morning and wanted to share it. Ecclesiastes 11:3 - The Message "When the clouds are full of water, it rains. When the wind blows down a tree, it lies where it falls. Don't sit there watching the wind. Do your own work. Don't stare at the clouds. Get on with your life." WOW - Get on with your life!! Don't stand there just staring at the clouds. That spoke to me. Don't know about anyone else. I tend to dwell on things when they come into my life. I've got to stop that! I've got to go on with life. Anyone else tend to catch themselves "staring at the clouds" at times? We need that release when we get full. The problem is sometimes we try to gather those "things" that have been released and put them back into our daily lives. Lord help us let go! Thank you God that I can go through trials and know you are always there to swoop me up and focus my attention somewhere other than the "clouds".

No comments: