CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 22, 2009

Life Coming At Ya Fast!

Ever wonder why life has to be so difficult at times? Growing, reshaping, learning, and the list can go on and on! I am having a time right now in my life where I am feeling the earth underneath me shake and it's just a matter of time before it splits wide open and takes me under!
My spirit right now senses that movement under my feet. I have some decisions to make. Am I going to run as fast as my feet will carry me to my Father and allow him to shelter me from this time in my life OR am I going to stay where I am, shocked by the pressures that are enveloping me? The most sensible choice as a Christian is RUN!!!!!!! Sometimes when you're going through it your senses are just kind of out of sort & obvious doesn't make sense. OR maybe it's just a stubborness that is holding you over the openness in the ground. Does our humaness truly think the opening is going to stop just because we stand there and stare at it in awe? The forces behind that are far greater than we are!
Have you ever thought of what causes an earthquake? I have. I actually looked it up. Henry Reid (don't know if he was a geologist or a scientist) was studying the earthquake of San Fransisco of 1906. He stated "an earthquake is the huge amount of energy released when accumulated strain causes a fault to rupture."
WOW did that speak to me! Accumulated strain from energy released!! Does that not sound like a weight being carried around?? All I could picture was a man holding a bolder on his back. I think you all have seen that picture. Such a simple solution to that weight. Why do we have to make things so difficult? Things that are held in our arms and cradled by us can simply be taken to our Father. He doesn't ask questions, he just takes them!! WOW! What about that concept is so difficult for us to understand?
While thinking about the times in our lives, my mind always goes to Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
How much more appropriate can it get than that? This reminds us that there are always going to be seasons in our lives. Sometimes we are going to have peace. Sometimes we are going to hurt. Sometimes we are going to grow. Sometimes we are going to fail. BUT at ALL times we know that we have a Heavenly Father who is consistent. Our lives, as inconsistent as they are, can get us on a roller coaster of emotions. Knowing we have a ROCK to run to is such security.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things rightif I surrender to His Will;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with HimForever in the next.Amen. --Reinhold Niebuhr Trust in the LORD with all your heartand lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3, 5-6
Abba Father, be with all who are struggling right now. Let the peace of your presence and the understanding of your way be a light in their life! AMEN

1 comment:

Warren Baldwin said...

I linked here from Loren's site. This was a very good article. There are a lot of things that are making the earth shake for Christians today - both in our personal lives and in the world at large. I scanned the article first and caught the word "run." At first I thought you might be talking about running from something, as temptation. Then I saw you used it in the sense of running to God. Since I'm a preacher an immediate sermon came to mind: "Run Christian Run."

Enjoyed the visit and the good idea! Thanks. WB