CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 23, 2009

Age, Weight Gain and No Thyroid

See the title?? That's an elixir for feeling HUGE!!! When they found the tumor on my thyroid about 2 years ago, I couldn't wait for the Dr's to get it out of my body. Now looking back on it, I don't know if I made the right decision. I had never had a DIAGNOSED thyroid problem but have always struggled with fatigue since I was very young. Once they took my thyroid out and had it looked at by a pathologist, I was told I had a very bad diseased thyroid. Now, I am finding myself struggling with getting the medication regulated, weight gain and just feeling bad! SO FRUSTRATING!!!! If I would've just waited and watched the tumor for a while longer would I have been OK with my thyroid still in? Who knows?? Obviously it's too late to do anything about it now but, this weight issue is really beginning to take a toll on me!! This is the first season I have pulled out my clothes for the season and they not fit. I am finding myself leaving the house for things feeling so terribly uncomfortable that I will literally walk into a favorite store of mine and buy a larger outfit just so I can change in their dressing rooms and continue on to where I am going. That's pretty pitiful! Summertime is turning into a drag for me. The clothes don't cover as much. I have some days where I go through the day feeling normal (if there is a normal) and then others where everything I eat makes me expande every minute of the day!! Today is obviously one of those days for me. I have been working out by walking at lunch time 4.5 miles. When I get home and the kids have gone to bed, I will workout with my Wii Fit for about a 45 minutes to an hour. Why can't I see results?? The Wii Fit tracks my weight and daily it goes up another pound or two. Dear Lord, what is happening to me??? I hate feeling this way! I am to the point of going & digging into stupid diet pills. Is there a miracle drug out there?? NO!! I know that. I'm not stupid! My problem is having a microwave attitude! When I work out for one or two days, I expect myself to have dropped 25 lbs. Yes, aren't we all like that?? Maybe it's my anxious ways. I just get so discouraged not seeing any type of progress. Enough of my ramblings. Needless to say because of all of the late night working out, I am so tired during the day. I need to learn how to work it in earlier in the day!! Love to all!

3 comments:

Loren said...

sending a hug your way! I like you HATE to work out in the morn. and would much rather do it late. BUT I know for you at work that has got to be hard! Will be lifting you up to find that perfect balance and don't be too hard on yourself...You are beautiful inside and out!

Girly Muse said...

aw, so sorry you're going through this! will be praying for you...

it would be nice to have a magic cure, wouldn't it! oh, if it were only that easy.

hopefully the meds will get regulated and the exercise will help things eventually kick in.

Sheila said...

Well, if you are right down the road from me....we could make a "walking lunch pact!" LOL!