CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 28, 2010

Tom, Oh, Tom My New Fave Shoes!!

So, for Christmas my daughter wanted silver glitter Toms.
You know about those right???  If not, please go to Toms website and read all about them here.  They are doing a wonderful work!!  More on that later.

I (like others) searched every store in the local area AND in the area 2 hours away from me!!!  Crazy!!  I did happen to find a store that was "expecting" to receive a shipment in on Wednesday before Christmas.  They were kind enough to put my name on a list and the size and color I needed was spoken for.  All I had to do was go in on Wednesday, pay for them, go home and wrap them up!!  DONE!

Weeelllllllll, wouldn't you know that the store didn't receive their shipment.  Do you blame UPS?  Do you blame Tom's?  No, I actually blame myself for starting late...haha!  So, this momma had to get creative and blow up a picture of the silver glitter toms she wanted and wrapped them up.  She was thrilled that I got them and was unbelievably pleasant about knowing she would have to wait a few more days to get them.

After finally receiving their shipment, I had slowly developed a great appreciation for these shoes as well.  Hmmmm...I don't want to run around crazy looking all over for these shoes myself soooo, I took a shot in the dark!  While getting the details set for my daughters shoes, I happened to ask if they had a black glitter pair in my size.  Won't you know they did!!!  YAY! 

I just went and picked them up.  When I put them on and walked, it was PURE HEAVEN!  They feel so great on my feet.  Kinda like slippers. 


Aren't they c-u-t-e!!??  I also found the silver ones in my size so I now own 2 pair! I have also had to confess to my daughter of my purchase and I have promised to buy her a black pair when I find her size! ha

As mentioned before TOMS does a great thing.  Any time a pair of TOMS are purchased they send a pair of TOMS to a needy child.  I have taken an excerpt from their website for you to read about this program.


One for One


TOMS Shoes was founded on a simple premise: With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One. Using the purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good is what we're all about. The TOMS mission transforms our customers into benefactors, which allows us to grow a truly sustainable business rather than depending on fundraising for support.

Giving Is Catching On...

The TOMS mission of giving shoes has attracted other brands, resulting in unique and successful collaborations. Ralph Lauren sold co-branded Polo Rugby TOMS, giving a matched pair with every pair sold. Element Skateboards has issued limited edition TOMS + Element shoes as well as a One for One skateboard. With every skateboard purchased, one will be given to a child at the Indigo Skate Camp in Durban, South Africa. It is TOMS’ hope that as our One for One movement continues to grow, more and more companies will look to incorporate giving into what they do.

The TOMS Story

In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers.

As of September 2010, TOMS has given over one million pairs of new shoes to children in need through Giving Partners around the world. 


Such great shoes and they are doing such a wonderful thing for the children of our world!!  Go look around at their website.  Find a store that sells these fabulous shoes, try them on your feet and see if you don't have the urge to walk out of the store with those on your feet!!  Trust me, you'll love them!

***This is not a review and I am not being paid in any way to write this blog post.  I am just wanting to share with my friends a product I have found that I truly appreciate.***  ENJOY!

2 comments:

Loren said...

Jen got some Purple toms and OH MY GAW ~ i love them!!! So thankful we can share shoes :) Now, If I could convince her not to leave home ;) LOL

Miss you!!

Hope you Christmas was Merry and Blessed and that your New year is the best EVER!

Sheila said...

ok - get me a pair when you pick hannah up another pair too! LOL!