CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 4, 2010

Workout/Weigh-In Update!!

Well, it has officially been a month (actually a few days over) since I started working out with a personal trainer at a local gym.  I must say when I did the weigh-in and measurements on June 1, I wasn't very happy!!! 

May 1 - weigh in & measurements
June 1 - measurements - lost fat
             weigh in - gained 5 lbs!!!  WHAT!!!!!!!???????

Yes, you read that right!   No typo!!  I know when you work out you're going to gain muscle but 5 lbs worth?!?!?!  What in the world?!

Don't be down!!   I have good news to report today!!!  When I saw the 5 lb weight gain, I put my lifestyle into hyper drive!!  I decided I couldn't stand the number on the scale so, I revamped my diet to an EXTREME!!  AND I went to the nutrition store and bought things they suggested.  Soooo, without further ado...

Monday - Friday, I am eating EXTREMELY different than usual:
Breakfast - Protein shake (after workout) and a banana
Lunch - Salad with grilled chicken and light dressing
Supper - Grilled chicken breast, a vegetable (broccoli usually) and a small salad with light dressing
Snacks - Include:  peanut butter crackers, sugar-free jello pudding and/or peaches with cottage cheese
AND, I cut out ALL pop & caffeinated drinks!!!  BOO!

I decided that I was going to do this M-F and on the weekends, I would do whatever.  I'm definitely not going to gorge on the weekends but I'm just not gonna worry so much about keeping with the menu.  Along with all of this, I am drinking a pre-workout energy drink and taking a pill that was suggested by my nutrition store.

I am happy to announce today that after 3 days on this program, I lost 4 LBS!!!!!!  YES, YES, YES!!!  3 days...4 lbs!!  That gave me the boost I needed to continue my new gameplan!

How is your weight loss/workout plan going?  Would love to hear some other successful ideas.

4 comments:

Girly Muse said...

Woohoo! Good for you!

I have gotten so frustrated at gaining after starting an exercise program before...nothing so aggravating. I do have to get severe with the diet for a while to get things rolling...then seem to be able to slowly add a few more things I can eat as my metabolism starts getting on board. Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding?! You lost 4 lbs in 3 days!!!?/ crazy!

Annette said...

I've got to loose 20!
I'm watching what I eat like crazy!
But those chips are calling me, heavy sigh!

Annonymous said...

I've been absentee from the gym since before I got pregnant with Sarah Elizabeth (she's 2.5 months now... so it's been a bit). I'm finding what works for me is getting on a treadmill or elliptical... etc... next to the fittest looking chick in the place... LOL Makes me think twice about dialing back the speed or incline... resistance, etc. Sad!